Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I cannot connect my blue-Ray(BDT230) to my AT&T WI-FI.

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How certain are you that you are choosing the proper network and using the right password?
How far is the bluray from the router?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The router, modem and disc player are all in the same cabinet. The disc player recognizes the modem, its Name(SSID). The disk player allows me to enter the password. It then starts the set up procedure. Then it times out. I have no problem with my other devices that run off the AT&T system. Once again I have already consulted with AT&T.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for confirming. This can be the result of a firmware fault or a hardware failure (faulty wifi adapter inside the player). Since the player is in such close proximity to the modem, your best option would be to bypass the wifi entirely, and plug the player into the router directly via an ethernet cable. This will give you a faster and more reliable connection than you'd ever get with wifi anyway.