Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Canon wireless MX472 printer won't print from my laptop

Customer Question
anymore....can print from another laptop...
Canon wireless MX472 printer won't print from my laptop anymore....can print from another laptop in the house. The printer app is lost on my laptop. How can I get this app reloaded.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
8/30/2015
Network Technician: arsufi, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
arsufi
arsufi, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

You may either refresh page (Press F5) or check your mail for recent updates from experts

Since you can print documents from other system we can confirm that printer side is ok..

It is due to these reasons the mentioned laptop refuse to printer..

1: Incorrect / corrupted printer driver

2: Communication problem with printer due to incorrect printer ip address..

Before we start, i would like to know the printer setup on your laptop. Would you please answer to my below questions.

1: How's the printer connected? (LAN / USB/ Wifi)

2: WHat's the printer ip address if its connected via LAN / Wifi?

3: Check if you can ping from computer to printer..

Also you may try to reinstall the printer application. You can download app from here

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mx472#DriversAndSoftware

Procedure:

1: Click Above link

2: Click Drivers and softwares

3: Under Recommended Downloads click MX470 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7

4: Click Download

Install software after download

Note: Make sure printer is turned on and connected to network before you run software

Please update status

Thanks.

Dear sir,

Can you update status please

Regards,

Fiyaz

Dear sir,

Is issue resolved?

Please let me know the update

Thanks

arsufi
arsufi
arsufi, Computer Hardware Engineer