Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Hì! I hava a bizhub c352. And I cant get the mashine to

Customer Question

Hì !I hava a bizhub c352. And I cant get the mashine to connect the network...!I have the right tcp/ip adress and I can ping the machine inside but not from a computer. So I think the network card in the mashine is correct...!
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The adress Router 192.168.1.1
Bizhub 192.168.1.20
netmask 255.255.255.0
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I don't know what you mean by 'ping the printer from inside'... but ping access is often limited by network security.
Still... in any case of connecting a device (e.g. a printer) to a network, you need to consider these things:
1. it must have a means of connecting - either wired, or wireless. Check indicator lights, to see if the cards are talkign to each other at a basic level, if it is connected by a cable.
2. it must have an IP address. If you do not set a static IP addres for it beforehand, it should get one by DHCP.
3. the SubNet Mask should match the IP address, more or less.
4. and you should check on all these, by accessing the printer's IP Address or Network Configuration settings.
From what you state, the BizHub has an IP address, within the subnet of the Router, and the SubNet Mask is also correct for both.
What other symptoms are there of not being able to connect the printer? is the computer failing to send print jobs to it? if so, check the firewall (or, network security, or internet security) software on the computer. It may well be blocking the access of the computer to the printer over the network... adding a rule to the firewall, allowing communication with 192.168.1.20, might help with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi !
When I log into the machine, I can go into the network TCP / IP, and then network information, which I can ping the machine's own address and receive answers when should the machine's networkcard be okey...
When I put the plug in I have no green light on either the printer or router ..
And I am in Sweden...
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Try another Ethernet network cable.
If the green light (or other indicator of a good cable link) still does not come up, on connecting the network cable to the printer and to the router.... then the network card in the printer may, unfortunately, need replacing, or other repair-servicing.
Especially if that failure to show a confirming 'link active' light is accompanied by a failure of networking functions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi !
I have tested a new cabel but it dosent work . So if the card is broken and I must get a new card. Is it some Sellers you can recomend for me ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Would you be willing to buy online? or from a source outside your country, Sweden? e.g. a UK seller or a US seller online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willing to buy online outside my country. But I prefer a used card for lower price !
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you turn Off and unplug the BizHub from the power, then I suggest that you try re-seating the network card option (if it is an 'Option' card in your particular printer) in its place, by unscrewing the mountings, pulling the card out, and then plugging it back into its place, and re-fastening the mountings, then turning On the power again, and see if that helps with the problem.