Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development
13852270

Why does my Lexmark wireless printer loose communication

Customer Question

why does my Lexmark wireless printer loose communication with the computer occasionally?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Syseng replied 2 years ago.

The issue you describe is common with wireless standard 802.11b/g/n networks due to interference from other networks and common household devices that use the same 2.4 Ghz wireless bands such as wireless telephone handsets and microwave ovens. One effective method for improving or fixing this issue is to change the wireless channel to one of the non-overlapping channels that are less likely to have interference such as channels 1, 6 or 11 (assuming 802.11b/g/n) in the configuration of the wireless router/AP you are using. Another change that may help would be to remove devices such as microwave ovens and wireless phone handsets from close proximity to the printer and the wireless router/AP and the computer.

Please let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.