IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a Dlink 320 NAS that I would like to be able to

Customer Question

Hello I have a Dlink 320 NAS that I would like to be able to access over the internet away from home. I have setup port forwarding on my router to the ip of the NAS but I need help in configuring it as I dont fully understand the process.
Please advise
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Do you still require assistance with this problem?
If so, the best way of solving it would be to establish remote desktop assistance so that I can help you configure the ports and NAS to be accessible over the Internet.
Let me know if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Miro
Yes i still require assistance im on gmt time+1 in the
Uk. Would you be available to connect tomorrow Sunday 16th at 09:00?
Thanks
Sas.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Sas!
I don't think I can make it at 09:00 GMT+1, but I should be able to be on-line at about 12:30 or 13:00 GMT+1.
Let me know if that is a good time for you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
I am available now and should be available for the next several hours. Let me know when you are ready for remote desktop assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello are you there still? Im ready for a remote desktop ? Just going to install Teamviewer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
I am here.
In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.
We can use TeamViewer. Here is how to start it:
1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com
2. Just below the green Download button, click on the Join Remote Control Session link
3. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS
4. When started, you should see a blue window that contains numbers - ID and Password ***** type those numbers here so that I can connect
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi my user i.d. is362 008 055
Password: 97g3zvThanks
Sas
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The issue has been successfully resolved via remote assistance!
You can rate my assistance now using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.
If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-it-miro
Thanks!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.
If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with the stars).
Thanks,