Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am trying to set up an ‘asus ac87u' router with dd-wrt version

Customer Question
I am trying to set...
I am trying to set up an ‘asus ac87u’ router with dd-wrt version Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/20/14) std to redirect all internet traffic to a single IP address 54.149.xxx.xxx. This is for a test, so i do not need to allow them to get past this address for access, so i do not want to setup a splash/accept page.
Is ther ea simple way to set this up with nocatsplash or http redirect? I have been unsucessful so far.
thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
7/31/2015
Network Technician: routeranger, Network Architect replied 2 years ago
routeranger
routeranger, Network Architect
Let me see if I understand what you're trying to do. You're trying to use your home internet connection (the actual router terminating it) to accept HTTP requests from the internet, then redirect them back out to the internet to the actual web page. Is that correct? I assume you plan on filtering the traffic somehow, or sniffing it with a protocol analyzer or something (like Wireshark). Do I read you correctly?
sorry this is not what i was looking for.
What is not what you're looking for? I haven't provided an answer yet. I asked you a question. Are you unable to explain what you want?
Network Technician: RobCat98, Consultant replied 2 years ago
RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant
you are looking for port redirect ?is the ip you are going to internal or external ?
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer