Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a Samsung M288x printer, which has been working

Customer Question
perfectly. Now I get a...
I have a Samsung M288x printer, which has been working perfectly. Now I get a message that it is unable to locate the printer. How do I reset?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
7/20/2015
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please how the printer is connect to your computer?
Directly via a USB cable? Via the wireless network?
And are you using windows or a mac computer?
Thank you
Wireless and Mac. Till now, has worked perfectly from any computer anywhere in the house
Thank you
as the first step, can you remove the power from the printer and wireless router and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the wireless router and wait 10 minutes
then power on the printer, restart the Mac and tell me if it now prints please.
Let me know the results please
I followed these instructions, and still not printing
Can any computer at your location print to the printer? Or none can?
No, same message "Printer is not connected". The icon for the printer in the dock has an orange circle with a horizontal lightning bolt, if that provides any more information.
Thanks
Whats the make and model of your wifi router?
Motorola S85102
Thanks
On the back of it is a reset button. Using a paperclip, please hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, then release.
Then power off the printer and wait 5 minutes.
power on the printer, and then restart the mac and try to print to it.
Let me know the results please
It did not work and I want to know where the reset button is? I did as you instructed me but it did not work.
ok, we need to do the reset else your not able to do as I instructed.
On the back of the router you will see the reset button in a little hole
Tell me when you have located it please
We have lost contact for a LONG time. I was promised a phone call within 10 - 20 mins 1 1/2 hours ago from your customer representative. The suggestions you made do not work. Is the small black hole above where the wires enter the router.
I made the offer to you for the phone call but you have not responded and accepted it.
Yes, there is only one small black hole that has reset above it on the router.
I did not receive any request - you have my phone numbers:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### ***** have another meeting in 10 minutes, so perhaps we can set up a time later?
I think your not seeing any of my messages, I will repeat
You are right! There was no message. As above, I am in a meeting now, and will reconnect when finished.

ok thanks

Ok, back and available to chat.(###) ###-####

as I have been indicating, you have to accept the offer to call...

I thought this was general advertising not specifically related to this problem. If I have found the reset button correctly on the router, I have used the paper clip to depress for 10 seconds and turned off the printer for 5 minutes. I have gone through this process twice, and there is no change - the printer still can not be found and there is an orange circle with a horizontal lightning sign on the printer icon in the dock.RE telephone call: I would be pleased to talk by phone, but I understood that there would be no further charges to talk by phone to resolve the problem. The help desk person did not mention further charges of $65.

can you try to print from other computers on the network

Let me know if they now print please

No the other computer does not print and has the same message: printer is not connected.Re TC offer - will you be charging me and then refunding me if I accept?

DO not accept if your going to ask for a refund as that would not make sense.

Can you uninstall the printer from the mac please then reinstall it and tell me if at the least ti will reinstall or not please.

I am trying to figure out how to un install. Just about there

Thanks, ***** *****

Click the Apple logo at the top of the screen and select "System Preferences." Select "Print & Scan" in the Hardware section. A list ofprinters with drivers installed on your computer appears on the left side of the Print & Scan window. Click the printer you want to remove from the computer to highlight it then click the - to remove it.

Thanks, ***** ***** this and then re-added the printer back.

thank you

Is it now printing from the mac?

No, nothing. Same message: printer is not connected.

and also on the other computers same problem correct?

all the computers are Mac

Thanks It is the internal network card in the printer that has faulted. We have ruled out the router as the problem, the mac, as it happens on multiple macs, plus the driver now, which leaves it as a hardware problem with the printer and will be the network card.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you

Richard, Network Specialist