Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Case No: 25432436Problem: WN2500RP - No internet connection

Customer Question
Case No: 25432436 Problem: WN2500RP -...
Case No: 25432436
Problem: WN2500RP - No internet connection
I have a Netgear extender that stopped working. It is under warranty but the agent said that i need to purchase the tech support package to check it out. My tech guy said that it is not the settings but the Extender. Are you going to honor the Warranty and fix it or take it back and give me my money back?
It is not so much the money but the principle. i will make this an issue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
7/15/2015
Network Technician: Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you today. Please understand you submitted your question to JustAnswer and not to Netgear. I am not affiliated with Netgear in any way. However I do understand your issue. Given that the device is still under warranty, and you are unable to get proper assistance from Netgear, your best course of action is to take it back to the store you purchased it from. Explain to the retailer the issue and that the item is covered under warranty. Request that they do one of the following: 1) Replace the device for you since you are unable to get anywhere trying to contact Netgear, or 2) Have the store contact Netgear to resolve the issue.Retailers typically have direct numbers that are not readily available to the public for resolving issues. It would be wise to have the retailer contact them and explain the issue. More times that not, Netgear will approve the store to provide you a replacement device on the spot.
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer