Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have a host to host communication error and i've changed

Customer Question

i have a host to host communication error and i've changed the cable going from the display to the back and of the machine and it still does work, how can i get around this errro message and re-install the softward?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A host to host communication error would be a matter of communicating data to another computer system. So the display cable would have nothing to do with it. Check the cable that networks or otherwise connects your system (whatever it is) to the other systems... and let me know more details, e.g. when and where the error message appeared and also what your computer system is, Windows or MAC OS X, or perhaps Linux or other system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm running windows and the cables are connected firmly - the cable that runs from the display to the machine is connected also.
this is what the xerox help shows - turn the machine off and when the machine is fully turned off disconnect the cable. wait 3 minutes and then turn it back on and connect the cable - still not work. because i am behind on my payments xerox will not come and service this machine. HELP
OK. Did the error appear on the Xerox device, or on your Windows system's screen? What was the full and exact text of the error message (and any number code that went with it) ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
host to host communication failure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####- call me
Try using the Web-based interface to your Xerox 7655, from a computer, to configure it to Updates Enabled again. It may be that updates are disabled. The Web-based interface would be accessible not from the touch-screen, but from a computer (one networked to the Xerox machine), using a web browser on the computer.