Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Is there help online

Customer Question
Is there help online
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/9/2015
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your Hotspot?
And do you mean no devices can connect to the hotspot?
Thank you
Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro The hot spot continually is seeking a 3G or 4G network with no connection
Thank you
We will do a reset of the device
Using slight thumb pressure, slide the battery compartment cover upward to remove it.
Locate the small hole near the battery compartment. The reset button is inside this hole.
Insert a thin object (for example, the end of a paper clip) into the hole, and press down for
about a second.
Replace the battery compartment cover
Turn it on and tell me if it now connects please
I have already tried that twice still have the same issue
ok, we have a section for that which you replied
"What have you tried so far?: My hotspot will not connect to a service"
Can you tell me what you have tried please so we don't rehash this
I have only tried the reset option nothing else
Thanks
When you did the reset, did it say on its screen Reset to factory defaults?
And did you press the power to do this?
\
No I am not sure what you mean
ok, then a reset does not appear to be done.
As it has pictures on it, look at page 110 here
http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/sierra_wireless/overdrive_pro/overdrive_pro_by_sierra_wireless_ug.pdf
And follow steps 1 to 6 to do a reset of the device, you need to follow all steps completely.
Then tell me please if it now connects.
Let me know the results please
How did you go with this?
I was waiting for a phone call. I still need help
ok.... not sure why you left and went to someone else to get a phone call, as I have been waiting here the whole time for the results on my last instructions.
Did you do this? Or you went somewhere else?
I suceesfully did a factory reset on my Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro. There was a display on my Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro to open any web page and complete the set up. I opened the web page and I recieved a message unable to connect
ok, then there are only three causes for this.
Either there is currently a network outage in your area and this is why it is not connecting.
The device has suffered a hardware fault and will need to be replaced
Your account for it has been suspended.
You are best to contact the provider and see if there is currently an outage or if there are any issues with your account, if not then it will confirm that the device is faulty and will then need to be replaced.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist