Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Im in the military and im using a wifi system where u pay for

Customer Question
it online. when u connect...
im in the military and im using a wifi system where u pay for it online. when u connect your mobile devices to the wireless access point a login for 'go wifi' appears. you enter your login info, then it connects u. im trying to do the same to my ps3.
What ive done so far is ive connected it to the wireless access point but when i open the web browser to open the gowifi login page itll say 'this page csnnot be displayed (00000000) after about a minute of trying to load
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
7/8/2015
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
When the login page for "Go WiFi" appears, "how" does it appear and where? Is it in a web browser or some other type of window?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
it redirects you to the page usually in a web-like browser. for mobile devices however it connects to it via go wifi internet
on the ps3 it needs to go through web browser however, but the page wont load despite me being connected to GoWifi.
and to fully utilize the internet (playstation network, store, etc.) i need to enter my login info on that go wifi page that tries popping up in ps3 web browser
I am not following. I am asking you "when" does it come up and ask for you to login? Does it come up in the browser when you try and access the Internet for the first time? If so, make note of that web address. On the PS3, open the web browser, go to that same web address and log in. After you do that, you should be all set.
Did that work for you?
On the computer, goes it come up in the browser when you try and access the Internet for the first time? If so, make note of that web address. On the PS3, open the web browser, go to that same web address and log in. After you do that, you should be all set.
Did that work for you?
its saying cannot display page still. ill just try to get a new ISP. thank you for your help
Thank you for the update.
What happened when you went to that webpage manually on the PS3? Did the page come up? Were you able to sign in?
sadly no.
What is the web address that the computer brings up when it asks for you to login?
https://gowifinavy.nnu.com/login
That means that the PS3 is not connecting to the wireless access point correctly.
On the PS3, go to Menu > Settings > Network. What is listed for the IP address & Gateway?
ip: 10.59.2.32gateway not listed
What is the IP address and Default Gateway on the computer?
Please, follow the instructions below:
- Hold down the Windows key and the R key
- In the window that comes up, type: CMD
- Click Ok
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
- What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
ip: 10.59.2.34
sub mask: 255.255.248.0
def gateway: 10.59.0.1
There is the problem.
You need to make sure that the PS3 has the correct subnet mask and gateway.
On the PS3, change the IP settings so that you can edit them. Enter the following information:
IP Address: 10.59.2.32
Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0
Gateway: 10.59.0.1
After you do that, you should be able to connect.
what do i enter for primary dns?
For the primary dns, enter: 10.59.0.1
For the secondary dns (if asked for), enter: 4.2.2.3
ive attatched the details of the connection status
Are you able to go to the web address on the PS3 when you type it in manually?
no
On the computer, follow the instructions below:
- Click Ok
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 10.59.2.32
- What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
Jason Jones, Network Technician