Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot get my onbroad network connection to work. Was working…

Customer Question
i cannot get my onbroad...
i cannot get my onbroad network connection to work. Was working fine.Can I disable it?
Thank you
Thomas Stohl ***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
7/4/2015
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 3 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me if you are using Windows 8 on the computer with the problem, or another Windows version?
Thanks,
I am using Windows 8.1.Thank you
Hi!
Maybe the network adapter has been disabled, so please check if you can enable it by following these instructions:
1. Enter desktop
2. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner and you will see a new pane. Click on the "Settings" icon and there select "Control Panel"
3. When the Control Panel window opens, click on the "Network and Internet" category and then on "Network and Sharing Center"
4. When the Network and Sharing Center window opens, click on "Change adapter settings" located on the left pane
5. You will see a list of all available network adapters. The Ethernet (wired) network adapter is named "Local Area Connection", while the wireless network adapter is named "Wi-Fi"
6. To enable a disabled network adapter, right-click it and select Enable. Check if you can now connect to the network.
Let me know if that worked.
Hi again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?