Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I did reset my dlink 505 (powerd on) my ipad sees the repeater…

Customer Question
Hi I did reset my dlink...
Hi
I did reset my dlink 505 (powerd on) my ipad sees the repeater but when entering the password ***** mentioned on the dir505 it is not recognised
Pse help/advise
Damiaen van doorninck
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
7/3/2015
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
On the iPad, go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings.
Once done, hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release and let the iPad restart.
Once done, then try to connect to the repeater.
Let me know the results please
I have followed your advice (ipad)
I receive the main wifi, but the repeater, dlink505 after reset to factory setting, does not recognise its password
Ok, it points to the password ***** being incorrect.
Reset the extender again, set it up, then redo the password ***** make sure your entering it exactly as its displaed eg: passWORD ***** ***** to PASSword ***** the iPad
Let me know the results please
I have exactljy copied the password ***** printed on the device
what is the exact error you receive on the iPad?
Wrong password
have you connected any other devices to it yet?
Can you connect this computer to it?
No
It is bedtime for me now (00.25)
Bye
Wrong password ***** also my conclusion, but i put it in exact as stated on the divice. So we didn't com much further.
Is it an idea to connect the extender with a cable lan or usb to my computer?
If it is saying wrong password ***** multiple devices, then its the password ***** is incorrect, it is the only reason.
Set the extender to have no password ***** try to connect as a test.
ok
will try
thanks