Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have the Linksys E1000. We have not had it hooked up to our…

Customer Question
I have the Linksys E1000...
I have the Linksys E1000. We have not had it hooked up to our computer in 3 years and now we need it again I need to know how to get a password ***** my husband can wifi his laptop from it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
7/2/2015
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Nathan, System Administrator
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.
I am just going to have to wait for my daughter to get back into town to help. But thank you for your help
You can certainly do that. I'm happy to fix this for you remotely as well if you want to get it taken care of now.
That's okay. But I appreciate it though. I do not have that much money on my card. I am on a budget and my husband only allowe me so much money. But thank you
I may be able to make some adjustment, what amount would you be comfortable with?Is the computer you are on now currently plugged into the linksys?
No that is okay I will just wait on my daughter.
No problem. Best of luck to you, and feel free to get in touch if you should need any further help.I can send you the step by step info as well for her to follow along, if needed. There is no extra charge for that, it would be covered under our initial chat here:From the address bar of your web browser, go to http://192.168.1.1 (click for link to open in new window) User: blank(empty)Pass: adminThis will log you in to the router admin/configuration page. Look for the Wireless or Wireless Security tab.Here you will see your SSID (network name) and your security/encryption key (password).You can keep that existing password ***** change it to something else if desired. Best regards,Nathan
Thamks
You're very welcome, ma'am.If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,