Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Mozy icon disappeared...no reason...can't backup .

Customer Question
mozy icon disappeared...no reason...can't backup...
mozy icon disappeared...no reason...can't backup for days...nervous!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
6/23/2015
Network Technician: Jins M. N., System Administrator replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., System Administrator
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
When the Mozy Icon (also known as the Mozy Status Icon) is missing from the System Tray (icons next to the time and date in the lower right), one of three things likely happened.
The Mozy Backup Software was not installed correctly or was not installed at all.
The Mozy Status application prematurely ended
The Mozy Status application did not start when the computer powered on and the Operating System loaded up the designated start-up programs and services.
There is a registry cleaner on the machine that removes Mozy
You can check to see if the Status application is in memory by looking at the running processes in the task manager. Look for Mozyhomestat.exe for Home accounts and mozyprostat.exe for MozyPro.
To start Mozy Status
Click the Windows Start Menu
Click on All Programs
Click on Mozy (Home or Pro)
Click on Mozy (Home or Pro) Status. This will get the status started for this session. To have the icon appear in your System Tray every time your computer starts up, copy it to the Program Startup menu if it is not there.
If there is a registry cleaner on the machine, make sure Mozy is listed as an exception.
Regards
Jins
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
,my computer is not working properly....Please call -(###) ###-####
Please call I have no backup
Can you connect your system to internet ? If so , can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish I can send you the details to connect.
Regards
Jins
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., System Administrator