Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I received a new modem from AT&T. When I hooked it up and

Customer Question

I received a new modem from AT&T. When I hooked it up and tuned in on Netflix was not
one of the icons. Can you help
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Are any of the other inputs working (cable/satellite, etc)?
Are you able to actually bring up the appletv menu and access any other apps? (wifi and hdmi are not the same thing).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
everything else is working except the netfix icon
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Are you trying to access netflix from the appletv, or from some other device (smart tv, bluray, etc)?Have you specifically checked other apps on the appletv such as youtube, hulu, pandora, itunes videos, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
every thing is working except the Netflix icon
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Please go into the appletv settings menu and look for the UPDATE function to run that if any new updates are available.If that doesn't change anything please go back to the setup menu and choose the RESTART option.Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no updates are necessary I tried both of those suggestions but it did not show up
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you please clarify, is the netflix icon actually missing entirely, or is it there but nothing happens when you select it (or you get an error message, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the Net Flix icon is missing and I do not get any error messages
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure you have looked all the way down to the bottom of the page, you my have accidentally moved the icon to another area. Are you still seeing other video apps like youtube and hulu showing on screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is not there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes HULU HBO GO SHOW ANYTIME
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay we will have to do a full reset of the system then.Can you please go back into the setup menu and look for the Factory Reset (restore defaults) function.This will clear all memory/settings, so it will be like the atv was new. When it first comes on, you'll have to reconnect it to your home wifi network (under the new att credentials) and then netflix icon should be back, but you'll be prompted to sign back in to your netflix (and itunes) accounts as you proceed through the steps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is on the screen thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Great, glad that did the trick for you!If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan