Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Google chrome will not load just shows AW Snap, tried reloading…

Customer Question
Google chrome will not load...
Google chrome will not load just shows AW Snap, tried reloading but same problem, now internet explorer, and fire fox will not not load. States that no connection, but shen I cheak the connection status it shows excellent conncection. Am unable to connect to printer wired or wireless, can you help and how much do you charge? Dave
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
6/20/2015
Network Technician: Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer replied 3 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
How are you currently connected to the internet and to this site?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
At this time I am Using someone elses computer, if you can provide me with step by stiep written instructions I will print them out and try at home. If not I will need remote help.
Are you still there?
I can provide instructions, but at the moment i am not sure what the issue is so i will you need to diagnose it with you first. I can remotely connect only when the computer can connect to the internet, but in this case it appears to me that the computer has no connection to the internet even though, it is connected wirelessly.
So from this point, we need to test if the router is receiving internet from the modem/isp.
Can you connect a different computer to your router, or your phone via wi-fi and tell me if the internet works on it ?
Wifi works on my iphone. I have tried my other computer with vista but has same problems as the Windows 8.1
Means, the problem is not with your computer but the router.
Please tell me how is router connected to the ISP Modem?
And, what lights are on on the modem and router?
cable, was just set up by cox on Monday. Before we tried ATT but had same promblem. I am not at home so I cannot tell what lights are on.
Okay. When you go to home, please contact me on this site via Phone. You can click view response from an email sent by justanswer or login to this site and click on this question so we can continue here.
What is the phone number?
I mean via the browser on your phone since you can connect to wi-fi through phone.
ok thank you
You're Welcome.
i'm back home now
Kamil amwar
Please tell me how is the router connected to modem supplied by provider or if there is no router, then confirm if it is just the modem?
Buy direct cable and the modem is connected to the router by and either netcord.
Excuse me the modem is connected by a cable the router is connected to the computer by an ethernet cable in the modem is connected to the router buy a cable
I have tried unplugging both the router and modem and then read plugging them in but that has not helped
Can you disconnect the cable going into router, and plug that cable directly on your computer's ethernet port, then open "command prompt" and type
ipconfig /all
And tell me what the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway is
Trying
Okay.
2001:0:9d38:6abd:2831:1c1a:3f57:fff4<Preferred
The above is IP address
Can you scroll up in command prompt and send screen of the missing view as well?
Subnet mask
255.255.255.0
Please send screen/attachment like before
Yes, i got the picture.
In command prompt, type
ping -t 4.2.2.2
And send me the picture of the results.
Is that on the same screen?
Yes, on the same black screen. At the bottom of the screen, if you click it will allow you to type.
ping -t 4.2.2.2
^^
I'm going to try plugging the modem direct in the pc
No, wait.
You have typed the command incorrectly.
The command is ping -t 4.2.2.2
but you typed ping _t 4.2.2.2
Still not recognized
send screen shot please.
Did you get the scree shot?
no, i did not get screen shot.
Can't you remote access through my phone if I plug the Ethernet plug back into the router?
Let's try it.
All you need to do is get on www.logmein123.com if you can access that site from computer, then i can remote in.
Please try and let me know.
Can't from PC what about iPhone?
Will not work. The issue needs troubleshooting through PC.
Can you send me the screen shot, all what you sent made sense and we will be able to troubleshoot it via screen shots.
I want you to run this command in command prompt
ping -t 4.2.2.2
and send screen shot.
Are you there?
I see the screen shots, and now the error is in space.
You typed
ping-t4.2.2.2
the correct command is
ping -t 4.2.2.2
there is a space before and after the -t
Unable to open response
Is that what you're getting on command prompt?
Did you get screen shot
Yes
No, i did not get any. Please re-attach and send.
I need to stop in 5 minutes
Now you missed the -
the command is
PING -T 4.2.2.2
Please type it exactly like i am.
ping -t 4.2.2.2
That's okay, we can continue when you're ready.
Tomorrow good by
No worries. Take Care. We continue from here tomorrow.