Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My Dell V715w AIO printer constantly loses communication with…

Customer Question
my Dell V715w AIO printer...
my Dell V715w AIO printer constantly loses communication with my computer; how do I fix that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
6/19/2015
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am a network professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
it's both USB and network
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
this is a corporate computer, I cannot give you access
I am not understanding how it is connected. How is it connected? You stated that it is connected both by usb & network.
Yes, there is a USB connection to the computer and the printer can also be accessed via the network. It's two different printers in my list of printers. However, when one connection fails, both fail. The printer is an all-in-one, so it's also a scanner and that's how I know when I have a problem. The scanner can use the USB or network connection as well.
1) The printer is plugged into a computer and shared out via the network?
2) Do any of the other people who use it via the network have issues with the printer?
yes the printer is plugged into the usb port of the computer, but as I said, my computer has 2 printers, one the usb connection and the other is the network connection. and yes, anyone who uses the network printer also has problems
Okay. You have two computers. Which one is the problem one? I am assuming it is the network priknter.
i didn't say i had two computers, i said my computer has two different printers, the usb connection and the network connection. you asked me if others who used the network printer had the same problem and they do. neither printer connection remains connected; if the usb is the first to fail, the network connection no longer works; if the network connection fails first, then usb doesn't work either
My apologies. I meant to say printer.
The problem will require me to analyze the system. Is the remote not possible?
no
I see that a remote session is not possible.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
and of course you know I meant that it was two "logical" printers; it's the same physical device
Network Technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Hi there, i'm Tim, as far as both failing after another, regardless of which fails first, is likely due to your local print service spoiler waiting on the wrong printer. I know this sounds dumb, but since we can't remote in which i understand, can you or have you tried disconnecting One or the other printer and see if either of them, on their own fail? - Tim
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer