Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

RT-N53 is the subject. Trying to do factory reset. Have

Customer Question
RT-N53 is the subject. Trying to...
RT-N53 is the subject.
Trying to do factory reset. Have put the pin in the reset button hole to no avail.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 3 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. In order to do the factory reset, have the router powered on and hold down the reset button on the bottom of the router for a minimum of 5 seconds. After resetting, you'll know the reset was successful if you look at the list of wireless networks on a device such as a wireless notebook, smartphone or tablet and see that your old wireless network name is ***** ***** detected.
If for some reason the reset button is not working you can perform a reset while logged in to the router interface. Open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
The factory default username/password ***** is admin/admin
Once logged in click Administration from the vertical menu on the left.
Click the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab and click Restore.
You'll get a pop up warning that all will be reset to factory default.
I can connect remotely and perform these actions for you as you look on and have made an offer to do so. Click Get Extra Help to accept.
If you prefer we can continue on this page albeit at a somewhat slower pace.