Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a slingbox and I can't get internet viewing to work.

Customer Question
I have my comcast modem...
I have a slingbox and I can't get internet viewing to work. I have my comcast modem set as a bridge and I have port forwarding setup for port 5001. I ran port forward checker software and it says the port is open.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2015
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I understand that the port checking software indicates that it is working. When exactly do you run into problems with this setup? In other words, when is it that you are given any sort of error message?
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
I don't understand the question. I told you that I'm trying to access the SlingBox over the internet. That's when I get a message saying that it can't connect to the SlingBox.
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
OK
Thank you.
After you accept the additional service for remote, the remote link will be posted here.
I will be standing by.
-Jason
I'm not investing more money on this problem.
I am leaving.
I understand.
How do you wish to continue? What information does Slingbox give you when you do attempt to connect?