Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have 4 control 4 remotes and all of them are saying "waiting…

Customer Question
I have 4 control 4...
I have 4 control 4 remotes and all of them are saying "waiting for network" I have removed the batteries and pressed the red 4 button 4 times, I have unplugged/re-plugged the apple router, I have unplugged/replugged the control 4 box near one of the TVs etc.. Nothing works. All other devices on the network seem to be working fine. Please help!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
6/8/2015
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would ask you to first consider, whether anything unusual happened to the network, or to the control 4 box, or to the electricity in the locale.
- Thunderstorm with lightning?
- power failure, or dimming/flickering of lights?
- reset or replacement of local WiFi router or other network box ?
If 'no' to all that, then I would ask you to consider that the Control 4 box itself might be gone-bad, defective, 'broken'. For all four remotes to fail in common and exactly at the same time is so improbable that - short of the before mentioned unusual events - the conclusion must be fairly obvious, that the Control 4 box is defective.
But before replacing it, or servicing it, or returning it as defective or for warranty repair (if still new enough to allow either of those recourses)... try re-initializing the control 4 box and remotes, as if it were a newly installed system. See if that gets it working again... then replace it, return it, or have it serviced, if it doesn't, is my advice.