Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Epson workforce pro WF 4630 prints OK but when trying to scan

Customer Question

Epson workforce pro WF 4630 prints OK but when trying to scan there is an error message and will not scan.
Printed report from the printer:
Multiple network names (SSID) that match your entered network name (SSID) have been detected. Confirm Network Name (SSID)
A Router/Access point channel conflict has been detected. improve your wireless network.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Barry! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working previously?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Does your modem/router have two same network names (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands?

Do you use the modem/router's wireless network name or did you set it with your own wireless network name?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Scanning was working fine. Now 3 different MacBooks have the same scanning errors.

Router: is the apple AirPort Extreme (Two of these on the network)

Network Name: I do not know this answer

Was scanning working fine with this printer and this AirPort Extreme device previously? Or is this a new AirPort Extreme device, etc.?

Do you know how to go to menu / settings on the AirPort Extreme device through the computer's screen?

Do you have an Ethernet/network cable that you can connect from this computer to the AirPort Extreme device temporarily?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Q1: Nothing new have been put on the network.

Q2: Yes I do.

Q3: Yes I can. It in now connected by cable

Thank you. On this computer, open Finder, then open Applications, then open Airport Utility, then click on the Wireless tap at the top, then change one wireless network name there and check. (If you see 5Ghz option, then change that only.)

Please let me know; I will troubleshoot further if there is still issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have changed the second routers name.

Also I have rebooted the computer.

The error is still there. "An error occurred while communicating with the printer"

PS The printer/scanner works fine with the windows 8.1 laptops on the same network.

You changed the Wireless Network Name (not the Base Station Name) on the second router right?

Do you also see two bands 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz in the Wireless section in Airport Utility? Or none?

Are the Mac computers connected to the same exact wireless name the Windows laptops are currently connected to?

Can you disconnect the power cords from the airport extreme device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect
, then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then reconnect, then turn on
, then restart the other two Mac computers
, then see if you can print on that one other Mac computer, then see if you can scan on any Mac computer.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Q1: Yes the Wireless Network Name was changed.

Q2 Cannot see any bands.

Q3: I will disconnect as you say.

Are the Mac computers connected to the same wireless / Wi-Fi network name as the Windows computers are currently connected to? Or different?

OK, please let me know the result after trying my suggestion. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,