Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I upgraded my internet speed, and now my Vizio won't connect

Customer Question

I upgraded my internet speed, and now my Vizio won't connect to the network.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Did you get a new modem/router?How is the vizio connected? (wired/wifi)?Do you get a specific error message on the vizio?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got a new modem/router, which the tv can connect to. I have a netgear extender, and that is the one that won't connect.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Is it a wifi bridge type extender? Did you go through the full factory reset process on the extender and then reconfigure it to the new network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did a firmware upgrade, but not a full factory reset.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can connect to the extender on all of my other devices. Vizio is the only device that won't connect to the extender. It will connect to the new modem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
That would typically indicate that the mac address tables in the extender are corrupted. Do the full factory reset of the extender and try it again. OR, if the tv is close enough to the extender, and if your extender model supports it (most do) you can use a wired ethernet cable from the tv to the extender, using it as a wifi bridge rather than just a repeater.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try the reset tomorrow, as it is late. Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
No problem, take your time. You may bookmark/favorite this page to get back with me when ready.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,