Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just got a new Iphone 6 and am trying to use the HOTSPOT…

Customer Question
Hello I just got a...
Hello I just got a new Iphone 6 and am trying to use the HOTSPOT as I did w/ the Iphone 5 to use my Asus tablet but it will not connect to the iPhone 6 it does connect to my secretary's Iphone 5 still
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Networking
6/4/2015
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, PC Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Then go to Settings > Cellular and enable Cellular Data.
Tap Cellular Data Network. Scroll down and enter the APN for Personal Hotspot. You can contact your carrier for the APN.
After entering APN, turn on Personal Hotspot option under Settings. Tap WiFI password ***** change the password ***** only letters (8 or more). Then try to connect your Asus tablet to it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.