Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have two large external hard drives full of pictures

Customer Question

I have two large external hard drives full of pictures dating back to 2006. There are probably tens of thousands of pictures. If there was a fire or I dropped one of these external drives, the photos could be destroyed, therefore I would like to put all
of these pictures in the cloud so that I never lose them. It would also be great if the service could do automatic backups of my computer for me so if it ever crashes, I am backed up. I am aware of Carbonite, but it does not offer what I need. Please provide
me with several reputable alternatives that will do all the things I am seeking. I'd be willing to pay up to $100 a year for this service.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Acronis has a service for $99/yr. with unlimited storage*
http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/unlimited-backup/
*Read their fine print carefully.
The good thing about this is the free trial to see if it works for you.
I've used Acronis backup for years. The nice thing about the cloud option is that it creates a system image which other services (like Carbonite) do not.
The only snag I can think of that you might run into is that your external drives have so much data on them that to get those backed up as well as your computer might be stretching the Acronis limits for amount of data.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.