Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development
13852270

Bluetooth mouse device will not stay connected and enabled-

Customer Question

bluetooth mouse device will not stay connected and enabled- this is the third lenovo laptop I have this problem with.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Syseng replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. My name is David.
If the mouse was working for sometime and then recently stopped working, the issue could be due to an automatic driver update. To test this theory you can roll back the driver to the previous driver by following the instructions at the URL below:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-and-8-1-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-roll-back-or-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-drivers-on/ta-p/1581778
Another setting that could be causing the problem would be power options. Windows by default configures the drivers to be controlled by power options so that it can shutdown peripherals to save battery when they are not in use. Disabling the ability of the operating system to shutdown the Bluetooth driver may resolve the issue. To do this open Device Manager, click on Bluetooth, then right click on the Bluetooth adapter and select Properties, then select Power Management and clear the checkbox named "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power." Then click Apply and OK and then reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.
If that does not work and assuming that you have already tried new batteries in the mouse, I would recommend testing the mouse on a different brand of laptop, especially if using the same mouse with the three different Lenovo laptops resulted in the same issue. If the mouse does have the same issue with another brand of laptop then most likely the mouse hardware is defective. However, if the mouse does not have the same connectivity issue on a different brand of laptop, I would recommend testing a different mouse with the laptop, preferably a mouse that is recommended by Lenovo such as the one at the URL below:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/integration.workflow:ProductDisplayItem?IsBundle=false&GroupID=460&Code=888015450&sb=:000001CC:000051CD:&hide_menu_area=yes&AID=10383968&PID=3996357&SID=ti43778062&CJURL=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.lenovo.com%2FSEUILibrary%2Fcontroller%2Fe%2Fweb%2FLenovoPortal%2Fen_US%2Fintegration.workflow%3AProductDisplayItem%3FIsBundle%3Dfalse%26GroupID%3D460%26Code%3D888015450%26sb%3D%3A000001CC%3A000051CD%3A%26hide_menu_area%3Dyes&PUBNAME=Purch&NID=CJ
Hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks,
David.