Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Do you put auto block screens up if the network is hacked?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
5/12/2015
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 2 years ago
Josh, Helpdesk
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you able to describe your issue in more detail?
When I went on my computer I was going on the Internet to Amazon and all of a sudden I got a white box that said Microsoft put an auto block on the computer because of something being compromised there was a number to call so I called. They said my network had most likely been hacked so I let him on the computer and it showed 15000 and some errors. Do you know if fox technologies is a legit company? Do I need to get this done?
This is a SCAM -- Please do not have them do anything to your computer. The "15000 errors" that they showed you are just event logs of your computer that logs every activity and are not actual errors.

If you are comfortable with running antivirus let me know and I will give you the software, if you wish that I complete the steps for you, please accept the additional services offer that I am sending you.
I have web root is that good enough or do I need something more?
Please run Webroot and download Malware Bytes (Free version) here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
Josh, Helpdesk