Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Greetings. Can i run my Surface Pro 3 to my existing Belkin

Customer Question

greetings. Can i run my Surface Pro 3 to my existing Belkin Flip Switch KVM via a VGA to DVI adapter (to connect to the SP3)? I have it hooked up but only my home PC (via VGA) is working via the Flip Switch, the SP3 with adapter does not seem to be recognized when I click the console flip switch. Was not sure if a VGA to DVI would work with my model of the flip switch (few years old), of I may need to find a KVM switch that feeds just DVI signal to both home PC and SP3?
Many thanks for any guidance.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. If you remove the switch and connect the monitor straight to the Surface Pro 3, does it work?
Did you press at the same time the two keys Windows and P on the keyboard of the Surface Pro, then select the screen option, i.e., Duplicate or Extend, etc.?
(Or move your mouse to the right edge of the screen (or swipe in from the right edge of the screen) on the Surface Pro, then select Devices, then select Project, then select the screen option there.)
Reference:
https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/music-photos-and-video/connect-surface-pro-to-a-tv-display-or-projector#SetUp
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.