Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Western Digital My Cloud

Customer Question

Western Digital My Cloud Wifi issue with users when my cloud is attached to the router Users' devices who connect to internet router keep disconnecting of Wi-Fi for half minute and reconnect again, this issue occur every 30-45 mintues when only WDMC is
attached to network (rotuer), tried other ports on router, reload both WDMC and router, I also tried to connect WDMC to switch and then from switch to router with no luck. WDMC firmware is up to date v04.01.03-421 (2TB) If cloud access is disabled there is
no disconnection/issue.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.If the WD disk has had this issue since it was new, I suspect it is the device that has the problem... in its WiFi capability of course. (Though the interval of the problem does rather suggest, A. the WD disk at fault, since 30-45 minutes is a disk's timeout or 'sleep' interval, rather than a router's interval of refreshing/whatever.) If the router has *ever* had any sort of issue with connections and connection stability, the router might be at fault. But I am inclined to suspect the WD disk. How new is the WD disk (and how new is the router) ?If the WD disk is new enough (less than a year, with the usual terms) it is under warranty and the problem might be approached that way. One suggestion: go into the WD disk's setup and configuration again, and set its 'sleep' or timeout or similar interval (if it's only similar to what I've mentioned, check with me before doing the actual change, letting me know the exact name of the setting in question...) ...to either less than 30-45 min., or to distinctly longer, like 2 hours. Then see if that makes the difference... if so, the problem is almost certainly in the WD disk, though there might possibly be some remedy still.