Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I can't get netflix to work on my lg tv any more. the message

Customer Question
hi I can't get netflix...
hi I can't get netflix to work on my lg tv any more. the message keeps saying couldn't connect but all my other apps on the smart tv are working fine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Networking
5/5/2015
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
As the first step, can you remove the power from the TV and wait 10 minutes.
While waiting, remove the power from the wifi router.
Then connect the power to the wifi router after 5 minutes.
Power on the TV and tell me if Netflix then works please
Let me know the results please

HI

I have already tried this several times. I have also set the reset button on my router 3 times and did a factory reset of my tv none of these have worked.

ok, try this please
Open the Netflix app on the device
Once the app is open, even if it is displaying an error message, hit the following buttons on the remote: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up, up, up.
A system information screen will be displayed. You can deactivate the device in this screen.
Exit the app and and then restart it. You should be prompted to logon to Netflix.
Let me know the results please

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have tried that as well. I just tried again and it just stays on the error page, no other screen appears.

When you did a reset on the router, you had to set up wireless again on it correct?

No it is connected via an ethernet cable

Ok, do this please
Logon to your Netflix account through your web browser. www.netflix.com on your computer
Select “Your Account” in the upper Right corner
Under the Settings section, select “Manage devices and computers”
Select the “Deactivate” option
Now open the Netflix app on your TV
You should get an error message that the device has been deactivated and that you’ll need to log on again.
You may then get the same connection error message
Exit the Netflix app and start it again.
You should now be prompted to logon to your Netflix account.
Let me know the results please

on my netflix account there is nothing saying manage device and computers.

ok, then it has not reached the service yet.
What model TV is it?

It is a LGLB65

ok, go to network settings, and tell me what you see there please

Wired connection(Ethernet)

Wired connection(Ethernet)

connected to Internet.

I know the connection is good because i can access all of the other apps on the TV. i.e. BBC iplayer, youtube, etc

ok, is it getting an automatic address?
You see the entry for DNS there correct?

On the error page on Netflix.

It has an ip address saying connected.

And the DNS servers 192.168.1.254

ok, set the DNS server to
4.2.2.2
Then try to connect
Let me know the results please

It won't connect

has it every worked before?

Yeah it was working fine up until about 3 weeks ago and i have been searching the net looking for answers I even checked with BT that there was no problem with my Internet and I also called netflix helpline but the guy was in the states and couldn't give me any answers.

Go to the Smart Dashboard on the TV and search for the Netflix app.
Check if there is an update for it and install it.
Then try to access Netflix
Let me know please.

I loaded the latest update 2 days ago after I did the factory reset of the tv. then when I went to launch it it came back up with the error page as it is doing now.

On the error page there is a choice to reset netflix back to its original state which i have also done but with no success.

Also on the error page on the Netflix app there is a tab for checking your network and it says that I am connected to server1 but not 2 or 3 and that there is an internet connection.

Connect the TV to the wireless network instead of a cable and tell me if it then connects please.

I have connected the TV through the wifi iplayer,etc works but still cannot connect to Netflix still getting the same error page coming up.

Are you able to watch netflix on the computer ok?

yeah thats no problem I can watch it on my iPad no problem as well

ok, sorry but I am then out of ideas.
I will have to opt out for another expert that may have new ideas.
Sorry I could not solve this for you. You wont need to do anything, you will receive a notification when another expert takes over.
Thank you

Thanks for your time and help.

Your most welcome
Network Technician: Michael Hannigan, Network Architect replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
I have an additional suggestion you can try which does sometimes help. Going to the settings and change the region of your TV to the US and after saving that, go back and change it again to the UK save that restart the TV and try connecting to Netflix again.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect