Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just switched from Comcast to Verizon and now I can't connect…

I just switched from Comcast...
I just switched from Comcast to Verizon and now I can't connect remotely to my Wansview IP camera which someone from Just Answer helped me with back in 2011 or so.
11/17/2014
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Justanswer.
Thank you for your question.
Were the routers replaced and how is the camera connected (physically now)?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $34 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen).
If you do not need the remote service, and would like to perform troubleshooting with me through (question/answer) mode, then simply reply to the requested information.
Thanks

Yes, the router was replaced. The Wansview IP camera is wired to a switch that is just before the wireless router.

Are you able to access it on the local IP?

No. I'm not good at networks. Have do I access it?

Do you know the local ip address of the camera? If not, login to the new router, this is the default gateway ip address, username and password ***** be the default ones, if you don't know what they are, type me the router's model number, to get the default gateway address, hold the windows key and press r, in the run dialog, type cmd and click ok, then in the black command prompt, type ipconfig /all and hit enter, this will show some information, look for the word default gateway, you will see the ip address in it, access it on your browser, and see what devices are showing as connected (type me the address of all the connected devices), this will be the ip addresses.

Yes, I am able to log onto the router. the ip address is 173.48.251.47

The local IP address is 192.168.1.XXX

There are 10 connections to the network, but the camera isn't listed.

The lights on the camera indicate connectivity.

Is there an interface on the camera to change/check it's settings? or an option/button to reset it?

I just unplugged and hit reset and still no sign of camera on network. I'm going to try a different Ethernet connection.

Okay. We need the camera to pick a local ip address
I see on the camera app where I can enter an ipaddress but how do I determine it?
The camera app, is it connected to the camera? if it is not, then it won't work.
No. App is on my computer.
Yes, but it's not connected to the camera so you won't be able to change ip address, do you know what the old ip was?
also on the router, you said 10 devices but none of them is the camera, do you actually have 10 devices that you know are currently connected?
I did know addresses at one time, but I can't find my paperwork. And yes, I recognize all ten devices that are shown as connected. It found something that could be to old local IP address.
what is the camera's model #
All it says is wansview series B.
is there a reset button on the back of it? if yes, hold it for 10 seconds
Yes. Will do.
No luck, but using wansview SW I can find device but I don't get any video.
Do you have the bseries intranet search program that came in the cd with this camera?
I think so but it been such a long time since I bought the camera.
Can you try connecting camera directly to the router's ethernet port and then see if it is shown? Otherwise, try to run the bsearch program to see if it locates the camera on the network
It now shows up on router.
Great. Login to it using it's ip address, and give it a static ip address and a port. Then, on the router, forward the port to the local ip. port, should not be 80 or 8080, can be 8090
see this guide:
http://foscam.us/blog/index.php?p=28?
once this is done, the camera will be up to be viewed remotely.
I can't find it when I type in the IP address in the browser.
what is the ip address being shown on the router for it?
192.168.1.9
My printer is 192.168.1.7 and I can connect with it.
May i remotely connect to check this? Remote troubleshooting will be easier.
Absolutely
I sent the request for remote service, please click Get Extra Help to accept it, then follow steps to connect with me.
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=329500
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"
Thanks
Is the PC back up?
No. Connect connect anymore to anything.
Can you access the router on 192.168.0.1 ?
No. But my iPhone 6 appears to have connectivity.
Is iPhone 6 connected to this router?
I am really confused. I put my phone in airplane mode and connect to my local wi-fi . I can connect via email and browser, but I can't get to routrr
Okay. Don't worry, please power the router off then turn it back on, and then also restart the computer, and try accessing 192.168.0.1
Will do
Awaiting
I tried:
192.168.0.1
192.168.0.2
192.168.1.1
192.168.1.2
Nothing connects, but my iPhone still has connection.
Can iPhone access 192.168.0.1 ?
Remarkably, no.
Okay, at the back of the router there should be a reset button, hold this reset button for 10 seconds and then release, and then check if PC can access in 2-3 minutes
192.168.1.1
or
192.168.0.1
I can get to the router thru my wireless laptop. I'll set things back.
no, wait.
on the laptop, go to www.logmein123.com
type the code 496969
download and run the file.