Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

SCAM? I had a phone call (unknown number) on my call fr0m Global

ID soluitions stating that my...
SCAM? I had a phone call (unknown number) on my call fr0m Global ID soluitions stating that my computer was sending out an error code. The person wantted my to gey free repair with them by going to www.ammyy.com and click on repir.. This would of course I believe give them acess to my computer.. I did not do this...I haev inthe 3 weeks re Installed to factory spec the computer because of a slow internet and other lagging operations. I have notice the I do hace what could be a ad window on the browzer screen asking my to clike uop to update Vista... I will also state that I can acess the Vista upadta on the Computer Icon and state that theu have been downloaded and update the next boot up or just chack for update it came back again asking for the same update that I just perfoormed.. So what gives??? I believe that I have downloaded soem advance adware from a given site that does sells some socficated ad ware tequenices.. So I have SuperantiSpyWare and other AntiVirus programs .. How to rid this so error signal that this man states that is on the computer(Few people have my cell number)??
9/5/2013
James, Sr. Network Administrator

Yes- this is 100% scam. These happen all the time, and I'm glad you had the good sense to suspect it.

Go to your Programs and Features in Control Panel, and sort by Installation Date. You will see the latest programs you installed on the top - remove the adware from there.

If they call you again, tell them to remove you from their list promptly, or you will report them to the police.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.

Found 1 program P C dotpr Inc that I did not install and the Vist updat icon is still there. So? Re install a provious backup?

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.

OK

Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are NOT connected within 5 minutes, something is NOT working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.
remote fix
James, Sr. Network Administrator
James, Sr. Network Administrator