Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Hi I recently installed a new wifi router and the internet

seems to work fine....but i...
Hi I recently installed a new wifi router and the internet seems to work fine....but i am having the following issues.

1. When i log into my VPN it seems to discounect every 5 min

2. When i am downloading it will stop after 5 min or so and i have to restart it

3. When i am playing online gaminig, i get the msg that i have lost my connection after 5 min or so..

Any ideas what could be casuing this?
8/20/2013
Richard, Network Specialist
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of tour wifi router?

Thank you

Hi Richard it is D-Link Dir-865L

Thank you John,

All your problems are related to the same cause which we will find.

First, the common reason for this problem is the wireless channel.

It is easier for me to correct this for you on your computer

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier.

Go to Click Me

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you

Sure Richard no problem, But i am currently on my work computer and it wont allow me to down load program without admin approval so I will change over to my personal computer take me a few mins

No problem John,

you are though with the problem router now correct?

ok on my personal computer now and yes i am working with the problem router now, i will try to download your program

Thanks John

357-688-039

Logging on

Hi Richard im afraid its still the same, lost the connection on the gaming and down load stops. My brother was suggesting that it might need a upgrade firmware no idea what that is! whats your suggestion?

Can I join again?

Go to Click Me

Click START MEETING

Thank you

just downloading again give me a min or so

526-186-544

Logging on now
Fixed, but testing to be sure for 1/2 hour

Still ok John?

Richard, Network Specialist

Hi Richard, sorry I had left to go out for a while, came back and was still logged into the VPN thats more that 3 hrs so im going to assume you did a great job thanks for your patience and seeing the job thru.

Wow John!!!

thank you so much for the tip, just working with you was nice enough, but this really made my day.

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist