Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a tablet and forgot my security password XXXXX can i get

it or reset my tablet...
I have a tablet and forgot my security password XXXXX can i get it or reset my tablet without losing my music I have purchased and down loaded to it.
8/16/2013
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

May i know the model number for your tablet?

IdeaTab A3000

Hi Marjorie,

Sorry to say, but i am not familiar with this tablet. I will opt-out so that another expert can answer this question.

Thanks
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, PC Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help you today.
I am sorry for the problem you are having today and I understand how frustrating this can be.

Can you tell me what operating system is on this tablet.
Also the music that is on this table, is this downloaded from a specific website or did you put it on there?

I have downloaded it from a web site

I am not sure of the operating system for this is the first one I have ever owned

I will find the box to see what it says

It is an Android 4.2 OS

Operating System is Android Google, or Windows 7, Windows 8 etc.
I am wondering if you can redownload the music again. I am not seeing a magic fix to unlock this in any way so far.

Is this a maze lock where you pick a pattern,
Is this a regular password XXXXX you use with a google account?
Is this a Windows Live account?
Typically when a mobile device is locked, it wants the original e-mail account name and password XXXXX was setup with. If you can log into your account at https://mail.google.com/ that’s good, but it doesn’t guarantee it’s the same account the tablet is using or the original password XXXXX
If you don’t remember the username and the account was properly setup at creation time, you can recover the name using "I forgot my username" here: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346 And here’s a trick to recover an account name on an Android device: https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/gmail/ydNElvUjJVU/discussion
If you have the username, the following will help with the process to recover the account by resetting the password: http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.com/
BUT... A recovered account won't have the original password XXXXX is what the device needs to be unlocked. In that case the device will probably need to have a factory reset done and then setup again with an e-mail account (be sure to write the information down this time). If it's setup with the recovered e-mail account, any purchased apps and synced data should be restored. If a new account needs to be created, all previous information will be lost.

If this is a maze pattern lock then a reset of the tablet will need to be done.
There is one way but it is a very complicated way. Maybe you might know someone who can give this a try. http://chethaka.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/unlock-an-android-device/

If all fails and you choose to do a factory restore

Hold the volume down and the power tell you see the lenovo logo and let go.

It should then boot into recover mode.

Or check your user manual that came with this tablet for specific instructions on how to hard reset.

jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, PC Technician
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, PC Technician