Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I need detailed instructions how to setup Scanning to Email

on Konica Minolta C252...
I need detailed instructions how to setup Scanning to Email on Konica Minolta C252
8/15/2013
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Did you setup the settings for smtp correctly, by logging in to the printers interface over its IP?

Thanks

Hi Kamil,

I am not sure as after 5 hours of frustration, I don't know what I did. I logged into the printer Administrator and then Network settings - I thought I had everything setup right, but I still get error message. I then logged in online as Administrator and tried to follow scan setup there; still won't scan. I can print no problem, but not scan. This is why I said I need Detailed Instructions of how to set this up. I really hope you can help.

Hi Terri

No problem,

Please follow the steps below:

1) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into the address bar and press Go

2) Click on Logout to logout of Public Mode. You will need to confirm you want to logout.

3) Login to the Admin Mode by typing in the admin code of 12345678
4) Click on the orange Network tab
5) Click on E-mail Setting down the left hand side of the page
6) Click on E-mail TX (SMTP)
7) Ensure that ‘E-mail TX Setting’ and ‘Scan to E-mail’ are turned ‘ON’
8) Enter in the IP address or Host Name of the E-mail server
9) Enter an ‘Admin. Email Address’ & ‘Device Mail Address’. Neither of these addresses need to be real.

10) If required, turn on ‘SMTP Authentication’ and enter a user name and password XXXXX a user set up on the e-mail server.
11) Binary division by default is turned off. If enabled, the machine will send separate scanned images. For example, if you scan in a 10 page document, you may end up receiving 10 separate e-mails or you may received a .dat file.

12) Click Apply and then OK

Taken from: Copytechnet

You may also wish to try setting up a test gmail account and use their SMTP details to send scans.

If you require any assistance during this process, please do let me know as i am available.

Thanks

I did everything as above. The only one I am not sure is:

10) If required, turn on ‘SMTP Authentication’ and enter a user name and password XXXXX a user set up on the e-mail server. I entered our current ISP info and logged out of administrator mode and tried to scan and still get same error.

Hi Terri

Let me create one to test this on Gmail.com

Give me a few minutes.

Thanks
Hi Terri

Please find the picture attached with the settings:

Can you enter these settings and post results.

If I change the SMTP Address from my current ISP numeric URL, then I cannot print. Do you want me to do it anyway?

SMTP has nothing to do with print, how do you print, sending prints directly through the PC, right?

Is it possible if you send me a screenshot of the settings page.

You can take a screenshot by pressing Alt + Print Screen on your keyboard, then go to word, press ctrl + v, save the document, upload here.

Thanks

Attachment: 2013-08-15_170816_doc1.docx

So if I change the SMTP address from 207.115.11.17 then all my functions in my printer disappear - I already tried it once.

This has nothing to do with printing.

We can troubleshoot this along the process.

Can you access the logs and paste here?

Thanks

Not sure where the logs are. I do have the first section of admin copied for TCP/IP setting - don't know if that helps?

Attachment: 2013-08-15_171431_doc2.docx

These settings seems, perfect.

Please download the settings for SMTP here: I have entered them below the image.

Once done, then try to send scan again.

Download by Clicking Here

Attachment: 2013-08-15_172710_doc3.docx

OK, so I changed as it is in image and now I cannot print or Scan. I know what you are saying about the SMTP address not having anything to do with it, but when I change from 207.115.11.17 my print does not work either and all access to my printer admin in the printer itself goes away.

We can check that in a while, can you also enter password XXXXX save it.

The pass is justanswer1

Once it's saved, restart the printer (power on/off) then try to send a scan.

Thanks

I take that back... printing works!

OK, I did save the password XXXXX when I come back to the screen it is empty.

OK, I need to logout of admin and then restart the printer. I will retest scan and let you know.

Thanks - :) - Hope it is working.

same response - Job has been done improperly. Check the log.

Lets check the logs, can you send me screenshot for the full interface of this.

not sure how - do I need to do a Windows Test Page?

Pressing Alt + Print Screen, paste in word, I want to see all the controls that appear to the left.

So you have to first scroll up the page, take screen shot, then scroll half way to the page, take another screen shot.

Paste both in Word Document and then upload here.

Thanks

screen shots of what exactly? Do I need to be logged into administrator same place and I've been?

Yes, same place. You have to login there.
Can you click on the SYSTEM tab on top, then send screenshot of that.
Chose Transmission Log -> Click Next (send screen)

No screen to send. It only had option to Export and the file is in Wordpad - it is very large and there is nothing in it with current email address. just the old email addresses I used to scan to when it worked.

Can you export this file and upload to http://wikisend.com

sent

Please provide the links, they give the links on the site. You have to copy that link and paste here.

http://wikisend.com/download/962076/C252_SendLog_20130815.txt

C252_SendLog_20130815.txt

Seems like an issue with SMTP only, nothing else.

Can you go back to email settings, and in the domain field enter gmail.com.

then retry.
Just gmail.com

entered. turn off machine. restart. scan, same error message

Uncheck: Please check to enter host name
then change smtp.gmail.com with 74.125.136.109
type the password XXXXX and save it, then retry.
Please also provide screenshot from DNS settings under TCP Settings, also did comcast put in a new router?

and how do you access comcast email right now, (outlook or web)?
Terri,

Please check to see if you can find the following:

If there is any job log button on the printer, click it. Highlight the failed job and click details it will give you the failure reason in the upper right corner.

Hey there - well guess WHAT? I just received the scan in my gmail. It just took awhile coming through the gmail server. Printing works fine. I am trying one more scan but I think we have a winner. You are the best. Money Mouth

Actually I cannot find a job log on the printer. I think it is hidden for Service Techs only.

I am so pleased to hear this, did it started to work after changing smtp.gmail.com to IP?

YES!!!

Great, so the issue is with DNS. Would you like to continue using gmail, also kindly change the password XXXXX because it will be visible to public.

if you recall the password XXXXX show - even once I put in and save it is blank. But if you say I should change where would I do it?

you have to change it on gmail.com, then reenter the new password XXXXX save it on the printer settings.
You can also create a new account on gmail, then back in printer email settings:

Change the following:

Admin Email Address: enter new email address here
Device Email Address: enter new email address here
SMTP Authentication: On
UserID: enter new email address here
Password: enter the password
Kindly let me know when this is done.

Also if you can rate my services, that will be appreciated.

OK Kamil,

Thank you - I logged into gmail and changed password, then came back to printer admin and changed there. tried another scan and it works fine.

I am so happy! You have been the best tech I have ever found on Just Answer! I intend on giving you a bonus and refer others to you as well. Thank you so much for your help this afternoon! Cheers XXXXX XXXXX Wishes!!!

I am glad to hear that. You can rate the service by clicking on the smiley icon, if you have any questions for me in future, you can put my name in the question: For Kamil (Followed by Question). It will then come to me.

Thank you