Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

Hello I live in Beirut, Lebanon and I am planning on buying

Hello
I live in Beirut, Lebanon and I am planning on buying a Nexus 10 from the US. I have 2 question for you please:
1. I understand it does not have 3G. I use a 3G USB dongle on my HP laptop here when there is no WIFI can I use it on the Nexus 10 too?
2. Will the Nexus 10 have 3G anytime soon?
Please advise
Pateel
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

1) Yes, you can share your PC's internet to any WiFi device by creating a Ad-Hoc Network. For that, you can use this application : http://www.connectify.me/

Refer this article : http://www.everydaytechie.com/2011/09/24/how-to-internet-enable-more-than-one-device-with-your-usb-data-cardwi-fi-connections/

2) Sorry I'm not sure about thar as there is no news about it yet. There is no 3G supported hardware on Nexus 10 yet. So you will have to buy a new Nexus 10 with 3G if they release in the future.

However, you can also buy WiFi Hotspot devices which will convert any network (SIM) to Wireless/WiFi Hotspots with PC. That device is called MiFi.

And If you want 3G too, then you should take a look at Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. But is not Android 4.2, it is 4.1

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Pateel, here is the comparison between Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1 : http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-10,Samsung-GALAXY-Note-10.1,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1/phones/7551,6935,7535

Nexus 10 got high resolution and better screen than Samsung devices. Nexus 10 have almost 300ppi and Samsung got only 149ppi

I'd recommend to get Nexus 10 and a MiFi (or Mobile Hotspot) device. Just check out eBay for unlocked MiFi devices.

Best Regards,
Hi Pateel,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Ashik,

You were a great help, thx. I just ordered the Sony Experia Z tablet last night thanks to you. It's strange, but all the research I had done on Google about tablets with 10 inch screens and Android OS jelly bean did not result in the Sony Tablet.

Anyway, you will definitely hear from me once I get it:)

Pateel

Hi Pateel, Xperia Tablet Z comes with 4.1.2 Jellybean. But I heard that Sony is going to release the 4.3 Jellybean update for all Xperia devices soon.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yah, I heard that too. I can update the one I bought I assume, correct?

Yes, that is correct since Xperia Z Tablet is the Sony's latest tablet and the hardware of Xperia Tablet Z does support Jellybean 4.3

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I assume the sony xperia z tablet does not have a sim card slot. So can it make and receive calls via bluetooth headset?

Pateel

Hi Patteel, there is an LTE version of Xperia Z Tablet and that one have the SIM slot I believe. The WiFi version doesn't have the SIM slot.

I think there is no phone call feature on the Xperia tablet Z. It doesn't have GSM voice facility

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thx Ashik. Actually I did order the G4 LTE version. I was wondering if I can make phone call too with it.

Hi Pateel, Sorry for the delay. The 4G version should have the SIM slot. I don't think you can make phone calls with it. But you can install Skype on it, buy some skype credits and make phone calls through skype. That will work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Great answer :) thx Ashik

You're most welcome Pateel :)