Joshua C
Joshua C, PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

recently left a company. they removed me from the domain. now

recently left a company. they removed me from the domain. now my computer will not let me log into windows. says there are currently no logon servers available.

You are running windows on a mac through VMware ?

That program is based on the server as it was purchased by the company and they had a certain number of licenses. without access to their server it is not going to work for you.

I suggest that you purchase something like parallels or boot camp to regain windows functionality although you can purchase the VMware as well and download a free trial at this site

https://www.vmware.com/try-vmware/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They did not purchase the computer, I did. It is already running VMware and that is what I can not log into.

I am going to opt out here as i am not a vmware expert. I am sure that you are getting that message because it is trying to log into the vmserver where you no longer have any rights. But i am not sure whether you can change that to log in without a server to log into.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you today.

When you get the "currently no logon servers available" error is this before or after getting to the Windows logon screen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I get it when I attempt to log in from the login screen

On the login screen you have two options:

1) Use switch user to select a local user account (or type in a local user account)

2) Change the domain setting and type in a local user account or type in the local computer name and the local user account (daves-pc\dave)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried that, get the same message. It says t log on to your computer (not a domain) type DBORNSTEIN\local user name. Did that, still get the same failure notice.

If you're getting the same failure notice using a localmachinename\username then follow the instructions at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/cannot-logon-to-windows-7-after-switch-from-domain/e50c5cdc-3220-4be3-ab88-8614f558bdc7
Joshua C, PC Technician
Experience: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.