Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

I have forgotten my password XXXXX my wireless router WRT120N,

I have forgotten my password XXXXX my wireless router WRT120N, how do I find it?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

In a computer that is connected to the network (via Wired), open your internet browser and goto http://192.168.1.1

This will open your router configuration window. When asked for username and password, enter admin as password XXXXX leave username blank. Click OK

In the Configuration page, click on Wireless tab. Then in there, just under Wireless tab, you can see the Wireless Security tab. Click on it and you can find or change the Wireless password XXXXX there.

Refer this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNAsnqnHWc

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied and solved the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Continue Conversation

Were you able to reset the password ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. I put admin as user and left pass blank as requested. Page came up and said no authentication.

That means the default password XXXXX been changed. Reset the router by pressing the reset button/hole on the back of the router for 10 seconds. This will reset the password XXXXX default. Then try to login again.

Remember, resetting will temporarily disconnect your internet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still tags say 401 Failed Authentication

We can do a hard reset. Press and hold down reset button on the back of the router for 20 seconds. Did that work ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

That is strange. It is supposed to reset. When you hold down reset button, does the router restarted itself or does it starts blinking ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

blinks

Is your Windows Vista connected to the router via Wireless ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it has cords attached

Do you have any other computer connected to the network via Wireless ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Lets try again. Reset the router again by pressing it for 20 seconds. Then login to it. This time, try admin for both password XXXXX username fields

If that didn't work, then leave username blank (make sure it is blank), enter admin for password XXXXX login. Let me know if you are still getting the error.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

admin/admin worked. Now there is a screen that says linksys set up

Great ! Click on Wireless tab or pane in there. Then in there, just under Wireless tab, you can see the Wireless Security tab. Click on it and you can find or change the Wireless password XXXXX there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What kind of password XXXXX XXXXX? Can I leave what's on there?

You can set your own password XXXXX your Wireless in there or you can use the password XXXXX there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Now what

Did you set up the password XXXXX there ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Save the settings and restart your router. That is it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to restart router do i disconnet the power

Yes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, I unpluged power, waited 30 seconds and pluged it back in. now if I want to use my wifi on my phone do i just use the new password

Yes, the one you setup there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much Ashik. Smile

You're most welcome :) If you like my service, please rate me as Excellent Service.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will. You have a wondeful Christmas and New Year!Laughing

You too :)