Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

"For Steve Herrod only" I am back to pick up from yeste

"For Steve Herrod only" I am...
"For Steve Herrod only"

I am back to pick up from yesterday.
10/23/2012
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator

Steve Herrod :

ok - am here

Customer:

Ready to start?

Steve Herrod :

yes

Customer:

I will start with the essay questions.

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

4. (TCO 1) Demonstrate the reasoning for the creation of IPv6. Also, explain some of the enhancements that IPv6 will bring to the networking world. (Points : 20)

5. (TCO 2) Explain the various types of devices that help in physical WAN connections throughout a network (e.g., local loop, demarcation point, and central office). (Points : 20)

6. (TCO 3) Demonstrate the similarities and differences between Password XXXXX Protocol (PAP) and Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP). (Points : 20)

7. (TCO 4) Demonstrate local management interface's (LMI) role in a Rrame Relay network environment. Also, state various commands that can be used in this environment. (Points : 20)

8. (TCO 5) Describe how access control lists (ACLs) can be configured to control network traffic on a TCP port. (Points : 20)

9. (TCO 6) Describe the virtual private network (VPN) technology and the various benefits that it has in the working environment. (Points : 20)

10. (TCO 7) Discuss and describe the four primary classes of network attacks. Also, within these categories, state some of the network attacks that have occurred in the past. (Points : 20)

11. (TCO 8) Explain the three main methods of troubleshooting networks and describe a situation where they could be utilized. (Points : 20)

Customer:

Did you get it?

Steve Herrod :

yep - working on them now

Customer:

thanks!

Customer:

1. (TCO 1) Which of the following choices displays only static IPv6 routes installed in the routing table? (Points : 4)

show ipv6 stat
show ipv static
show ipv6 static
ipv6 static

2. (TCO 1) Which of the following choices displays the status of interfaces configured for IPv6? (Points : 4)

show ipv6 interface
show ipv6
show interface
interface

3. (TCO 6) _____ uses the same keys for encryption and decryption. (Points : 4)

Asymmetric encryption
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Symmetric encryption
Secure Shell (SSH)

4. (TCO 1) _____ automatically establishes the connection of IPv6 islands through an IPv4 network—typically the Internet. (Points : 4)

Tunneling
Dynamic 6to4 tunneling
Dual stack
IETAP tunnel

5. (TCO 1) Dynamic NAT maps private IP addresses to public addresses drawn from a (Points : 4)

pool.
NAT pool.
interface.
source.

6. (TCO 2) An ISDN interface that is composed of two B channels and a D channel for circuit-switched communication of voice, video, and data is known as (Points : 4)

Primary Rate Interface (PRI).
Basic Rate Interface.
X.25.
Frame Relay.

7. (TCO 7) Applying a specific algorithm to data to alter their appearance, making them incomprehensible to those who are not authorized to see the information, is known as (Points : 4)

decryption.
a virus.
a worm.
encryption.

8. (TCO 2) _____ is the capability to carry normal telephone-style voice over an IP-based Internet connection with POTS-like functionality. (Points : 4)

VoIP
Broadband
DSL
Dial-up

9. (TCO 2) _____ is a type of enterprise architecture that allows businesses to extend the applications and services found at the campus to thousands of remote locations and users or to a small group of branches. (Points : 4)

Enterprise edge architecture
Enterprise campus architecture
Enterprise branch architecture
Enterprise teleworker architecture

10. (TCO 2) What is the point of interconnection between the communication facilities provided by the telephone company and the building's main distribution facility? (Points : 4)

Center office
Remote office
Central office
Telephone office

11. (TCO 3) In a PPP frame, which part consists of the standard broadcast address and is also a binary sequence? (Points : 4)

Flag
Address
Control
FCS

Customer:

1. (TCO 8) Specialized handheld devices designed to test the various types of data communication cabling are (Points : 4)

digital multimeters.
cable testers.
portable network analyzers.
network analysis modules.

2. (TCO 3) Which is a bit-oriented synchronous data link layer protocol developed by the ISO? (Points : 4)

Public switched telephone network
Channel service unit
Data service unit
High-Level Data Link Control

3. (TCO 3) A bit-oriented, full-duplex protocol that has spawned numerous similar protocols, including HDLC and LAPD, is (Points : 4)

PPP.
X.25.
Frame Relay.
SDLC.

4. (TCO 3) _____ verifies the peer's identity by means of a three-way handshake. (Points : 4)

PAP
CHAP
LCP
Error detection

5. (TCO 4) Which is the command that verifies that Frame Relay is running correctly? (Points : 4)

show interfaces
encapsulation frame-relay
show frame-relay map
debug frame-relay

6. (TCO 9) The Network+ exam covers multiple network topics but does not include questions on which of the following areas? (Points : 4)

Media and topologies
Network marketing
Protocols and standards
Network implementation

7. (TCO 4) Information found in a Frame Relay header or address field contains all of the following except for (Points : 4)

DLCI.
C/R.
extended address.
URL.

8. (TCO 5) Access control lists (ACLs) extract information from a packet header to test whether or not access should be permitted or denied. Which of the following is not tested? (Points : 4)

Source IP address
Destination IP address
ICMP message type
TCP address

9. (TCO 5) Extended ACLs filter packets based on certain protocol types, which include (Points : 4)

IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, or protocol numbers.
IP, UDP, and TCP.
IP, UDP, TCP, or protocol numbers.
UDP and TCP.

10. (TCO 5) Some of the parameters found in an extended ACL include all of the following but (Points : 4)

deny.
permit.
remark.
source-IP.

11. (TCO 6) IEEE 802.11n is defined as (Points : 4)

IEEE WLAN standard for 11 Mbps at 2.4 GHz.
IEEE WiMAX standard.
IEEE WLAN standard for 54 Mbps at 2.4 GHz.
The IEEE WLAN standard for 248 Mbps at 2.4 or 5 GHZ.

Customer:

1. (TCO 6) This is an algorithm that provides stronger security than DES, is computationally more efficient, and offers three different key lengths (128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit keys). (Points : 4)

Data Encryption Standard
Triple DES (3DES)
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman (RE)

2. (TCO 6) A protocol suite for securing IP communications that provides encryption, integrity, and authentication is _____. (Points : 4)

IPsec
Triple DES (3DES)
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman (RE)

3. (TCO 7) What kind of network attack has happened from 2005 to the present? (Points : 4)

Worms, including Blaster, MyDoom, and Slammer
Password XXXXX and war dialing
Viruses, including Love Bug, Nimda, and Code Red
Trojan horses, such as Back Orifice
Customer:

Did you get all of them?

Steve Herrod :

yes - doing them now

Customer:

Thanks a lot!

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

hold on while I send you an attachment. I want you to get me know if this is something you will able to do or not

Steve Herrod :

ok

Steve Herrod :

am going to need to log off shortly

Customer:

this is it. thanks and I will go ahead and complete the rest of the process.

Steve Herrod :

ok cool

Customer:

let know if it is something you will be able to do.

Steve Herrod :

shouldn't be a problem

Customer:

Do you know if you will be able to complete by tomorrow?

Steve Herrod :

yes - should be fine

Customer:

thanks!

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator