Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My ipad suddenly will not connect to the internet. It was

Customer Question
My ipad suddenly will not...
My ipad suddenly will not connect to the internet. It was working fine this morning.

Now it is asking me for a guest password. It says the password XXXXX be found using Cisco connect. I tried calling an 866 number and was rudely told I would have to call back in five minutes and hung up on. Now no one will answer the phone. Can someone help me?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
8/24/2012
Network Technician: Engineer-Thomas, Consultant replied 5 years ago
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Consultant
Hi, it's great to meet you. I'm Engineer Thomas and I'm determined to assist you! If I personally have given you valuable information or helped you, please remember to rate my answer positively or otherwise please click 'reply' or 'continue conversation' anytime and I will very gladly assist you further!

If you're encountering issues connecting to your router, you might be missing your password, or the saved password could be incorrect.

If you have already set a WiFi password, you can try to recover the password by trying one of the following methods from a computer already connected to the router (Windows 7 or Vista only):

Method 1: Follow this video here:
Click Here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XaEuBIWwYQ )

Method 2 - follow these steps:
Go to here: Click Here ( http://tinyurl.com/keyviewer1 ) - click on and run the wirelesskeyview file. Please ignore any virus scanner alerts - this file is clean and safe to use.
When you run the application, look under the column "Ascii" - it should show your wireless' password.

Method 3:
If the above steps do not work on your computer or you've never set a WiFi password, please try these steps:

- Launch your web browser (eg. internet explorer or firefox) on a computer already connected to your router (wired or wirelessly).
- Please go to this page: Click Here ( http://192.168.1.1/ )
- A page will load, asking you for your username and password (this is the configuration page for the router). Unless you have specified a username and password here before, please try the following combinations:
Username: 'admin' Password: 'password'
Username: (leave empty) Password: 'admin'
Username: 'admin' Password: 'admin'
Username: 'admin' Password: (leave empty)

- Go to the wireless tab and choose 'wireless security'
- Ensure WPA or WPA-2 PSK is selected and enter in a new password, and click Save or OK. You should now be able to use that new password to connect with all your other computers.

Method 4: Router factory reset
If none of the above methods work, please reset your router to factory defaults. With the router switched on, use a paper clip to press and hold the reset button in the bottom/back of your router for 15 seconds.
Please wait for a few minutes, then try to connect to the router. If connection is successful, please use the steps described in Method 3 to re-secure your router.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you are not satisfied or confident that you have the necessary information, please instead stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank-you!
Hi again,
As a follow-on question, do you have Cisco connect installed?
Let me know if the above doesn't work for you.

Thanks

I did not have it installed. I have now installed it and reconnected to the internet; however I still cannot get on Facebook. It is blocked by the firewall at my job, and I am still getting the access denied message. My iPad is work issued. I normally can access Faceook on my home Wifi though, before today, anyway.

Any ideas on this? Thanks for your help with the other issue.
,

Hi again,

Are you trying to access Facebook at home, but it's still saying access denied?
Please try restarting your iPad. You can do that by holding down the lock button and then swipe to power off when prompted. Afterwards, hold the power button again to start it up.

If you're happy with my help today please don't forget to rate my answer! This is how I receive credit for my work.
Thank you!
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Consultant