Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

my firewall is blocking my wireless internet connection

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
5/20/2012
Network Technician: derrickonline, Information Technology Manager replied 5 years ago
derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I recommend disabling the Windows firewall and using something like Comodo Internet Security.

Here's how to disable the firewall:

To disable Windows Firewall, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. On the General tab, click Off
  3. Click OK.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
still not picking up wireless, when i try to login it say address not found.
Relist: Other.
the answer was good but still having problem. i looking at setup and it tell me, LAN, Disconnected and wifi Disconnected. a box open ask for ip address.i'm going crazy..
Network Technician: Daniel, Specialist replied 5 years ago
Daniel, Specialist
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is Dan and I will be assisting you today. I am another expert.

Can you go to device manager. Click on Start and then right click on My computer. Click on Properties. This will bring up system properties. Click on the hardware tab and click on the Device Manager. In here look under network adapters and tell me if you wireless card is listed if it is, tell me if there is any red x's, yellow questions mark or a yellow exclamation mark. Let me know.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
my wireless card is not listed.
Is your wireless card internal or in external, meaning do you have to insert the wireless card or is it built into your computer. If you have to put it in your computer then give me the make and model, if you don't have to insert it then give me the make and model of your computer.
Daniel, Specialist