Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

What can I do to restore factory settings on a Coby tablet

Customer Question
recently purchased. The problem I...
What can I do to restore factory settings on a Coby tablet recently purchased. The problem I am having is (tablet trying to connect to my home wireless network, with no success)
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
4/22/2012
Network Technician: Steven Wilson, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Steven Wilson
Steven Wilson, Computer Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

What is the model of the Coby tablet you want to reset?

Coby - MID9742

1. Power the unit off. Press and hold the "Power Button" till the "Device Option menu appears.
  2. Click "Power Off" and select "OK"
  3. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  4. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  5. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  6. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  7. On the next screen Scroll to "yes-delete all user data" Press the "back" button.
  8. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button.
  9. You will now be able to access the tablet.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
I do have an issue with resetting this tablet if there is a work around to repair the WIFI problem that was included in my initial description.
I would reset the tablet to eliminate any software problems. If after resetting the tablet you may have a faulty network adapter in the tablet, in which case you will need to get it replaced as the tablets are sealed units.

I am a little frustrated with the support and did not find this experience very helpful. I do not feel my problem was solved and the suggestion for powering this tablet on and off did not work.
You asked how to reset your tablet.. I gave you step by step instruction on how to do so.. Your tablet is a sealed unit with Android, if there is a software problem a reset will take care of it. If there is a problem with the network adapter inside of the unit the reset will show that the software is not the issue and you will need to call Coby for either a repair on the unit or if under warranty an exchange.

At no time did I tell you to simply turn off the unit and power it back on. The instructions above walk you through the reset process in which you asked how to do.

You need to follow the instructions above to reset the tablet back to factory settings. If you choose not to do so, then my suggestion is to contact coby at the number below and have them walk you through the same process as I have outlined already.

Coby Tech Support: 800-727-3592

Steven Wilson
Steven Wilson