Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

my husband set up a password XXXXX my nook color and he forgot

Customer Question
it and now I can...
my husband set up a password XXXXX my nook color and he forgot it and now I can not connect to the internet with it now. Can you help me find out how to retrieve it and change it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
3/29/2012
Network Technician: gd.1, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 years ago
gd.1
gd.1, Computer Enthusiast

gd.1 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you. If you have forgotten your password, the only option is to reset the nook color to factory settings:

1. With the NOOK color powered off hold down the n button (home), Vol + button and Power Button until the NOOK color powers on.

2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog.

3. Press n button (home).

4. You will be prompted to confirm.

5. Press n button (home).

6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOK color will reboot automatically once complete.

Customer:

ok, please be patient with me I am not very good at this stuff. ok?

gd.1 :

No problem

Customer:

my nook turns off and on on the side, there is no keyboard

gd.1 :

OK, try this: To erase and deregister your NOOKcolor, do this:
1. Tap the Erase & Deregister Device menu choice on the Device Info screen.
Your NOOKcolor displays a page for erasing and deregistering your device.
2. Tap the button labeled Erase & Deregister Device .
A dialog box appears, asking you to confirm that you want to reset your NOOK.
3. Tap the button labeled Reset NOOK .
Your NOOKcolor displays a messaging saying it is deregistering itself. Once your NOOKcolor has deregis -
tered itself, it displays a message saying that it is clearing data. Once data has been cleared off the device, your
NOOKcolor reboots itself.
To re-register with your existing account, or to register with a new account, follow the instructions for getting started.

Customer:

it won't let me connect to the internet and I have to be connected to reset

Customer:

its asking for the password. ugh

Customer:

it says the guest access password XXXXX be found using Cisco Connect?????

gd.1 :

Is the wifi switched on?

Customer:

ok this is really a stupid question where do I find that one?

gd.1 :

Go to the Wireless settings page and see if the Wifi status is on or off. If its off, tap the Wifi button to turn it on.

Customer:

no it is on

Customer:

it is saying it is redirecting our request. and would I like to continue and attempt to login with the web browser?

gd.1 :

Choose no. On the Wireless settings page, tap your networks name, enter in your networks password, then tap Connect.

Customer:

i have no idea what my internet ssid numbers are

gd.1 :

The default SSID is located on the router

gd.1 :

as well as the default security key (10-digits)

Customer:

ok, that is in the other room, be right back after i get that, is it located on the back?

gd.1 :

Either the back or on the side

Customer:

i found 3 sets of numbers but all of them are more than 10 numbers

gd.1 :

What is the make and model of the router?

Customer:

linksey

Customer:

5441-9001

Customer:

it says i am connected to the internet but redirected and wants to attempt to login with the web browser. I have a head ache. ugh

Customer:

and it goes right back to the password XXXXX

Customer:

now it says I am not connect to the internet

gd.1 :

If you cant reset the Nook without the password, then I'm out of ideas.

Customer:

ok, thanks anyway

gd.1 :

I'll opt out and let another expert help you.

Network Technician: Steven Wilson, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Steven Wilson
Steven Wilson, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome,

When you go to the internet on the Nook it's asking for a guest access password? Is this correct?

Thanks.
Network Technician: Engineer John C., Networking Expert replied 5 years ago
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer, Networking Expert in JustAnswer. I will be very happy & will do my best to help you.

From your computer, please try going to Start, All Programs, Cisco or Linksys, then double click "Cisco Connect" to start it.

You will get the Cisco Connect window. If you want to connect to your "guest" network, click "Guest Access" to find the guest password there.

If you want to connect to the regular network, click "Computers and devices" and try to find the password XXXXX

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the "Accept Answer" green button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Engineer John C., Networking Expert