Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to connect a wrt54g router and a tenvis mini319w…

Customer Question
I am trying to connect...
I am trying to connect a wrt54g router and a tenvis mini319w wifi ip camera. I cant get it to work wireless.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
3/28/2012
Network Technician: Engineer-Thomas, Consultant replied 6 years ago
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Consultant
Hi, my name's ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. If I have helped you in any way, please help me in return (at no charge to you) by pressing 'ACCEPT' such that I receive recognition for my work. A bonus and positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

If you're encountering issues connecting, you might be missing your password, or the saved password ***** be incorrect.

If you have already set a WiFi password, you can try to recover the password ***** downloading the application on this page from a computer already connected to the router (Windows 7 or Vista only):
http://tinyurl.com/keyviewer1 - click on the wirelesskeyview file. Please ignore any virus scanner alerts - this file is clean and safe to use.
When you run the application, look under the column "Ascii" - it should show your wireless' password.

If that does not work on your computer or you've never set a WiFi password, please try these steps:
- Launch your web browser (eg. internet explorer or firefox) on a computer already connected to your router (wired or wirelessly).
- Type in http://192.168.1.1/ into the 'address bar' and press enter
- A page will load, asking you for your username and password (this is the configuration page for the router). Unless you have specified a username and password ***** before, leave the username empty and type 'admin' as the password. If that does not work, try 'admin' as the username and leave the password *****
- Go to the wireless tab and choose 'wireless security'
- Ensure WPA or WPA-2 PSK is selected and enter in a new password, and click Save or OK. You should now be able to use that new password ***** connect with all your other computers.

I hope this helps! Please let me know anytime if you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, I'll be right here waiting for you. Thank-you!
After you have your wifi password, let me know if you run into issues setting it into the camera. :)

I am useing a wep key I think its a 16 digit alpha numeric number. It is a 128 bit I think

Relist: Answer quality.
Please watch the tutorial on this page -
http://www.tenvis.com/web/tenvis_video.html
Wireless setting about ipcam
It would be a good idea to watch the other videos for general use, as well

watched it several times and others on youtube