Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I cant find my SSID to connect my Directv to the wireless

Customer Question
I can't find my SSID...
I can't find my SSID to connect my Directv to the wireless network of my 2wire modem.
Can you help?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
3/22/2012
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 5 years ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi! Thank You for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question and get your Directv connected.
Do you need the password XXXXX your 2wire connection?
They refer to it as my "security key" or SSID but, yes I believe a password XXXXX XXXXX
Fred
in most cases the default wireless settings are on the bottom of the modem.

Locating the WEP or Network key:

Wireless_public1

That doesn't work
  1. Open a Web browser and type http://gateway.2wire.net or http://192.168.1.254; the 2Wire Home page opens.
    Wireless_public2

If the Home page does not open, check to make sure that you have no software firewalls blocking network access.

2. Click the Home Networking tab at the top of the 2Wire Home page.
  3. Click EDIT SETTINGS located on the right panel (Status at a Glance) under the Wireless Settings heading.
  4. Change your wireless settings and use the following information if you want to change to a custom WEP key.

64-bit hexadecimal keys are exactly 10 characters in length. (For example,NNN-NN-NNNN is a valid string of 10 characters for 64-bit encryption.)

128-bit hexadecimal keys are exactly 26 characters in length. (For example, 456FBCDF123400144445271730 is a valid string of 26 characters for 128-bit encryption.)

64-bit ASCII keys are exactly 5 characters in length. (For example, GMODE is a valid string of 5 characters for 64-bit encryption)

128-bit ASCII keys are exactly 13 characters in length (For example, 2008SUNSSWIN1 is a valid string of 13 characters for 128-bit encryption.)

Wireless_public5

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
I hope everything is still going well, let me know if I can be of any assistance
I will be glad to answer any follow up questions you may have.
It has been a pleasure to work with you. Thank you very much !
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator