Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

i have a belkin n600 and im trying to setup the Qos Profile

Customer Question
i have a belkin...
i have a belkin n600 and im trying to setup the Qos Profile in the router setup page but i am unable to change the priority of video streaming , Voice, online gaming..... and i also cannot change the profile of the Qos
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
3/22/2012
Network Technician: Travis, System Administrator replied 5 years ago
Travis
Travis, System Administrator

Travis :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is Travis and I would like to assist you with your question.

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

hi

Travis :

Hi, so when you say you can't change the QOS, how are you trying to change it?

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

im trying to make it when my roomate streams video i dont have high ping

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

everyday he watches videos online and i get pings spikes and somtimes itstays over 200 for quite a while

Travis :

Ok, so are you logging into the router at the gateway address?

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

yes

Travis :

so you can turn on the QOS profile, but it doesn't allow you to tweak the settings

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

cant

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

all i can do is enter my internet speed and enable the QOS

Travis :

Ok, I'm trying to find some more info.

Travis :

Can you change the profile from auto to manual?

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

no i cant\

Travis :

did you log in with the password

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

yes

Travis :

and under play features you select qos profiles

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

mine is media features

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

and yes i selected QOS

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

i enabled it enter my speeds applied then went to advanced settings

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

but i cant change the priority of anything and i cant change the profile too

Travis :

what is the exact model of the router

Travis :

I think im' looking at the n600 play router for gamiing

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

n600db

Travis :

Do you mind if I hop on your computer and take a look.

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

i kinda dont want that

Travis :

Ok, I will opt out, as I can't find a good solution for you.

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

opt?

Travis :

I will open it up for other experts.

Travis :

Good luck.

JACUSTOMER-1vru4adm- :

oh

Network Technician: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Lindie-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Travis
Travis
Travis, System Administrator