Greetings, Please, do not forget to click the green ACCEPT ANSWER
button if you found my answer helpful.
You can definitely use your Cisco E4200 Wireless router in addition to using your Westell wireless.
- Plug a computer into one of the four LAN
plugs on the Cisco router
- Right now only have the computer plugged into the Cisco router.
- With the power to the Cisco router ON, press the reset button on the back of the router with a paperclip or pin for 30 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.1.1
Leave the username blank
The default password XXXXX: admin
- Click the Wireless link (Your network name is XXXXX XXXXX you can change it and click the Save Settings button)
- Click the Wireless security link (Your wireless password XXXXX XXXXX there)
---- Choose WPA PERSONAL
---- Enter an eight digit passphrase in the WPA Pre Shared field (This will be your wireless password)
---- Click the Save settings button
- Go back to the Main Page of http://192.168.1.1
- Change the Lan IP address
to 192.168.1.55 Make note of this new IP address. You will need it if you ever want to make changes to the router.
- Disable the DHCP
- Click the Save Settings button
- Plug the Westell modem into one of the four Lan ports on the Cisco. The WAN/Internet port on the Cisco will not be used any more.
- Now you will be good to go. You may need to turn the modem & router off & on. Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond. After you click the green ACCEPT ANSWER
button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.
Thank you, - Jason