Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am using Cisco for a Screenwise Panel research project.

Customer Question
I am using Cisco...
I am using Cisco for a Screenwise Panel research project. Norton will not let the system in??
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
3/11/2012
Network Technician: Danielle-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Danielle-Mod

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Yes, I am still waiting for an answer. The question was, Norton security
on my computer, and HP will not let me put an Cisco Linksys E4200
through my at&t wireless DSL. I am on a screenwise Panel project.
Network Technician: Danielle-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

If you disable the norton antivirus program temporarily on the computer, does it work?

What's the brand and model of your AT&T wireless DSL modem/router?

Thank you.
No it does not. If I disconnect the Cisco router from my AT&T DSL,
my computer will be normal.

AT&T wireless DSL is: 2wire Gateway
Please try the following:

- Connect a computer (if you use a laptop, turn off/disconnect the wireless from the laptop first) to one of the cisco router's router Ethernet/LAN ports with an Ethernet/network cable, and connect the power cord to the cisco router (for now, don't connect the cisco router to the att dsl 2wire gateway device)

- From that same computer, go to the cisco router's login page at http://192.168.1.1/ and login with the username blank (don't type anything) and the password XXXXX admin
(if you cannot login, enter admin for the user name also).
Then change the router/LAN/Local IP Address form 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.3.1 , then save, and wait a few minutes.

- Now, you can connect an Ethernet/network cable from one of the 2wire gateway device's Ethernet/LAN ports to the cisco router's Internet/WAN port, then wait a few minutes and Internet should work on the cisco router.

Thank you.
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech