Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Need help with Netgear WNDR3400 problems.

Netgear N600 WNDR3400 having problems with wireless connection and I am unable to reconfigure router. I have tried the resource disk which doesn't work and have logged in manually to configure. My network doesn't show up in wireless mode. A Netgearmolby network is displayed. When I connect Ethernet cable to the computer and router, my network shows up and I can get to the internet. I had some problems several days ago. Suddenly started to get domain name server not available.

Seemed like the speed was too fast and tried to retrieve the internet page before it was accessed. So, got that browser could not display web page. I then tried to configure the router. Got firmware update needed. In the midst of the update something stopped it. However, the system indicated that the update was completed. At the moment, I am thoroughly confused. Please help. 

Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 years ago.

Greetings, Welcome to Just Answer.
My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today.

As of right now, if you plug a computer into the router with a cable, you can still get online, correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, with the cable in the router to the computer I am able to get to the internet with no problem.

If I remove the cable, my network name is ***** ***** and there is no wireless connect at all.

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes

Please, click the following link ON THE PROBLEM wireless computer and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=a632d8cd-4b08-4996-ab78-e86ffef2a30d&SUPPORT=NET

Please accept the answer and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you.