Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

How to setup a viore internet ready tv to a wired connecti

Customer Question
on....
How to setup a viore internet ready tv to a wired connecti on.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Networking
1/26/2012
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

First, please confirm that Netflix streaming works fine on the laptop (try when the laptop is next to the TV and try when the laptop is next to the router). If needed, please test the internet speed on the laptop at
http://speedtest.net/ , and confirm with your internet service speed plan.
(when testing the internet speed, don't use the Internet or stream movies from any device.)
(test the internet speed when the laptop is next to the TV and try when the laptop is next to the router)

If netflix streaming works fine on the laptop:

- You just need to connect an Ethernet/network cable from one of the Ethernet/LAN ports on the router to the TV.

- If that is not possible, you can try to get a wireless range extender to increase the wireless signal. Or use powerline adapters.
http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-range-extenders/
http://www.netgear.com/home/products/powerline-and-coax/

Thank you
Viet - Network Tech
It is connected to a functional Ethernet cable from a LAN port. The speed tests fine. 2.9 Mbps. I'm upgrading to 10 Mbps, but 3 should work. The tv will not connect to the Internet...
You said the TV will not connect to the Internet... Have you gone to the tv network setting and reconfigure the network setup? Thanks.
Yes... changed the setting from wireless to wired. It tells me that it has successfully changed the settings, but then netflix or vudu won't work. When I run an internet connection test it "fails".
Can you disconnect the power adapter from the router, then wait a few minutes and re-connect and check, thanks.

Tried that. It still does not connect with the network. I checked the IP address settings as well. It's set on auto, and appears to have all the correct numbers in place. Still not working. Ran a speed test with my laptop from the connect at 3.02 mbps. It's not the connection it's the tv...

Is there any option to reset to defaults in the network setup on the TV? Thanks.
Yes there is. I did that previously after changing the settings from wireless to wired. When I turned the tv on this morning to try again I tried netflix first, and for some reason it is working. Vudu is working as well. They both take a while to loas, but I think that it's a kinda cheap internet tv, so it's just slow. I'm not sure why it decided to work all of a sudden, but it is. However, when I run a network connection test it still says that the test "has failed". And if I run a software upgrade from the menu it starts with a network test and "fails" every time.
Hmm, it's strange, but since netflix/vudu are working, then is it okay? Thanks.
Yes I guess it's ok. If I have any more problems, can I contact you?

Thank you!

You're welcome. Thank you :-)
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech